User password security is a hot topic and very easy to do wrong. Let Authentication Kit do it right.
- Implements "Security Through Obesity" by Jeremy Spilman, an intelligent way to make hash breaking impractical.
- Supports Two Factor Authentication using TOTP, so users can add additional security via apps such as Google Authenticator.
- Supports any storage type such local and remote databases.
- Can be added to existing user databases.
Admittedly, this is not an out-of-the-box solution. Developers will need to do a small amount of hookup work to implement this into their application and storage system. This is fairly simple and done via a Class Interface, and a SQLiteUserStorage class is included as an example.
This module is best suited for Web and Console projects, as authentication should be done remotely, but will technically work in any project type.
- Last updated Auguest 7th, 2016.
- Requires Xojo 2015r2 or newer.
- 64-bit supported.
- Supports all Xojo projects.